Ok so I’ve decided to share my much sought after chocolate chip cookie recipe with you!
Most chocolate chip cookie recipes use both white and brown sugar and often turn out to be crunchy. Sure those cookies taste ok, but they’re not my cup of tea. I wanted a cookie which didn’t use as much sugar and that wouldn’t break off my teeth while I was eating one. After months and months of trying different recipes, I found one that was perfect for me! Not only that, but after serving them to family and friends, everyone wanted a copy of the recipe!
This cookie relies only on a single cup of brown sugar, vanilla and the chocolate chips for its sweet taste. The texture is soft and light. One suggestion I would make would be to use Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Chips for the recipe. I find they really add to the flavor of the cookie. I really hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
The Newfoundland Mommy’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 2 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Softened Butter
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Package Milk Chocolate Chips (approximately 2 cups)
1) Preheat your oven to 375°
2) In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl, whisk the butter and brown sugar until they are light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time until each is whisked in completely. Add vanilla.
4) Slowly whisk in the dry ingredients to your wet ingredients (about 2-3 tbsp at a time). Once fully combined, add chocolate chips and mix well.
5) Drop teaspoon size portions onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Do not flatten.
6) Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool for a minute before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack.
This recipe yields approximately 48 small cookies or about 28-32 larger cookies. It all depends on how big/small you want them to be of course. Good luck and enjoy!
I think everyone loves a good chocolate chip cookie!
Everyone except my daughter! She does not like chocolate chip cookies at all! Oatmeal raisin are her favorite.
I’m new to your blog…and this post is so fitting, because I have been on a mission to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. I cannot bake a chocolate chip cookie to save my life. It’s become quite the joke in my household.. actually beyond my household!! Thanks so much for posting this, I’ll be trying it tomorrow morning!! I’ll report back!! 🙂 So glad to have found your blog..
Thank you so much for the kind comments and welcome to my blog! Trust me, I was just the same as you when it comes to chocolate chip cookies. I couldn’t bake them for the life of me! I can’t wait to find out how your cookies turn out! Good luck!!