I’m a lover of peanut butter, but only when it’s coupled with something else such as peanut butter and jam. My favorite combination is the following recipe I’m about to share with you – chocolate peanut butter marshmallow squares. These are SO yummy! I promise you that you’ll be battling your kids for the last one.
There are many variations of this recipe out there and they all have different tastes and textures. My recipe yields a rich peanut butter flavor with a hint of chocolate. I hope you will give it a try!
RECIPE FOR CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER MARSHMALLOW SQUARES
1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 3/4 Cups Chocolate Chips
- 1 Small Bag of Mini Marshmallows
1) Line a 9×9 glass dish (or pan) with saran wrap. Using saran wrap makes it easy to remove the final product from the dish and cut into squares. If no saran wrap is available, grease the dish/pan with butter.
2) On medium heat, and using a double boiler, melt the butter and peanut butter together.
3) Add chocolate chips and stir until completely melted.
4) Remove from heat and slowly fold in the marshmallows. Try your best not to simply stir as the marshmallows will melt quickly and lose their rounded shape.
5) Pour mixture into the dish/pan and spread evenly.
6) Chill in the fridge for at least half an hour to 45 minutes. Once chilled, cut into squares and enjoy!
There you have it! You can try a few variations with this recipe too:
- Replace the chocolate chips with butterscotch chips
- Drizzle white chocolate over the top for a fancy look
- At Christmas, use peppermint flavored mini marshmallows for a holiday twist
One final suggestion for you. If you’re not a fan of chilled squares, try heating one up in the microwave for approximately 12-14 seconds. I guarantee warm, gooey deliciousness!! Enjoy!